when your friend gives you a fic rec and it turns out to be really sad
refresher on araki’s thoughts on lgbt themes in jjba (from his interview in Eureka! magazine 2007):
- you want to read some homoeroticism into Character A and Character B’s relationship? sweet! you can do that. go for it. go wild.
- just because it isn’t explicitly canon doesn’t mean it can’t happen. actually, it brings a fresh perspective to the story that araki thinks is neat.
- DIO canonically is attracted to both men and women.
- Johnny/Gyro confirmed to be super snuggly together
- DIO/Pucci is meant to be ambiguous
- still no word on whats up with anasui
I saw Jason Thompson (the Viz JoJo editor) at Sakuracon at his booth and recognized his name from my Viz JoJo volumes like the damn creeper for jojo that I am, and asked him a question about the few name changes and he said I could share the answer.
The name change requests were sent by the Viz legal department… But the fan theory that the Viz people picked name changes that were also music refs in JoJo is actually wrong!
THE VIZ NAME CHANGES WERE PICKED OUT BY ARAKI HIMSELF.
I also got confirmation that the godawful Death 13 redraws were done by Araki and/or his assistants.
This might be the most beautiful parody I’ve seen this year.
This week on JoJo’s a Giant Dork, Jotaro tries really hard to be badass while fretting over his mother.
"I-it’s not like I want you better so you can kiss me goodbye in the morning or anything, b-baka!”
New Final Smash Compilation
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS